Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Josh's Link Hat and Triforce Scarf

As promised, I am adding my original pattern for the Link Hat and Triforce Scarf here. This is my first time designing/writing a pattern, so it may not be the best instructions. I wanted to make sure that things were easy enough for a beginner, because no one should be without their Nintendo inspired gear. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me.

There are only 2 things I ask in return:

  1. Please share pictures of your finished hats and scarves with me. I would love to see how they turn out!
  2. Please do not make and sell the hats and scarves you make from my patterns.

Well with all that being said, here are the patterns you have been waiting for (hope it was worth the wait):

Josh's Triforce Scarf


Materials:
2.5-3 skeins of Lion Brand Wool-Ease (or other worsted weight yarn) in Pine - scarf
1 skein (or less) of any Yellow worsted weight yarn (I used 100% acrylic) - Triforce design
1 set of size 8 DPNs
Large eye blunt needle
Scissors
Tape measure

Cast on 54 stitches (18 on each DPN).
Knit every round until tube measures 60", then bind off all stitches.

Using a duplicate stitch, stitch the Triforce Pattern onto both sides of both ends of the scarf.
Stitch up the ends so that the Triforces on each side are centered.

Josh's Link Hat

Materials:

1.5-2 skeins of Lion Brand Wool-Ease (or other worsted weight yarn) in Pine
1 set of size 8 DPNs
1 size 8 circular needle (16" or 18")
Large eye blunt needle
Scissors
Tape measure

Cast on 78 stitches using circular needles.
Knit every round until it measures 7".

Start using the following for working decrease of hat:
Row 1: Knit all stitches
Row 2: k2tog, knit the rest of the stitches on the row.

*Note: Work decrease until the hat is the hat is about .5" less than desired length (for my hat I worked 66 rows of each - total of 132 rows of decrease pattern).

For the last 2 rows repeat row two.

Leave about 10" of yarn and thread through remaining stitches.
Pull tightly and then weave ends through.

No comments: