Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Knitting Weather

I don't know about you, but I'm very glad that it's finally started getting chilly outside. Nothing inspires me to knit more than cold weather, and lately I've needed some inspiration to keep me on track with my Christmas knitting. With the recent frustration of having to re-think what I'm going to make for about half the people on my list, I've needed something to keep me motivated so that I can still meet my deadlines and hopefully this cold weather will be just the right thing.

I still haven't come up with the perfect ideas for the men on my Christmas list, but hopefully I will get an idea while knitting the other gifts (or maybe one of you has some great ideas for those hard-to-get-for men in your lives). I've found that looking at others' KIP's and knitting myself can really get the ideas coming for future projects, so I may have to hit Ravelry and check out some great gift ideas.

Unfortunately I have no pictures to show you visual progress of my projects, but I can assure you that I've been working on them. Here's an update as to what is on my needles:
  • Knitted Fairy Doll - 15% complete
  • Knitted Fingerless Gloves - 15% complete
I'm also getting ready to work on the few needle felting projects that were added to the list after going on a "Knit Nite" group fieldtrip. I'm considering saving those for when I really need some stress relief, but since I am somewhat clumsy that might not be the best time to work on something where you continuously jab at fiber with a very pointy needle.

Well, I'm off to work on my knitting and get to brainstorming other project options for those difficult men in my life.

No comments: