...rip the seams and start again!
Well I finally finished the Lidsville hat that I was making for my Uncle Joel! For the most part, it's a fun project and super easy...that is until you get to seaming. The instructions for finishing the hat are a little unclear, but after some trial and error I finally got it looking like the designer's FO. Here's a tip...you have to sew the outer edge of the brim to the front of the hat and flip it and turn the hat right-side out.
Unfortunately I don't have any pictures at this time, but I am hoping to have some pictures for you guys this weekend. The bf is working on a little DIY project of his own (a photographer's light box), and he's wanting to use some of my FO's and stash as his test subjects once the box is completed.
As for other knitting progress, I am working on one of the pairs of fingerless gloves right now. I started them last week, but am trying to figure out which increase method I want to use. Being the crafting perfectionist that I am, I want all the increases to look identical. I tried 2 different ways, and when I finally picked the one that I will be the happiest with...well let's just say it became a yarn mess and was just easier for me to unravel and re-wind the ball of yarn and start over.
Lately I've been itching to do some needle felting, so I think this weekend will be the perfect time to work on the felted frog collectible and the dove ornaments that will gone on the gifts. It will be fairly relaxing and easy, and I think I can get all of them done and feel I've accomplished a lot.
Well, it's back to the knitting needles.
55 minutes ago