Thursday, December 11, 2008

Holiday Stress

Well, I think that deep down I want to try and make holiday gift knitting as stressful and last minute as possible. Until just a few days ago, I planned on knitting this adorable fairy doll for Olivia. Of course now that she's in middle school, I've seen her grow up a little and now I'm afraid that the adorable fairy doll might be a little too kiddish for her. So back to the drawing board...

I've still got a few gifts to finish not including whatever I decide to make Olivia, so now the stress is setting in again. With only 2 weeks until Christmas, it looks like I'll be drinking a lot of caffeine and staying up late knitting. I really don't want to give anyone an unfinished gifts, or a Christmas gift after Christmas. Even though I'm doing much better than last year, I've apparently still got to work on my timing so that I don't get overwhelmed by the stress of getting things done in time.

Please try and overlook my absence for the next 2 weeks, I'll be buried in yarn and patterns trying to get everything done in time.

Good luck with your crafting and I hope that you all have a very Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Robyn Wade said...

Take a deep breath and it will be okay.

Anonymous said...

I understand! I was working on a gift scarf last night, but I think I'm going to have to get more yarn. And there's still an afghan to finish up and some sewing to do!