Wednesday, October 8, 2008

77 days until...

Christmas!

Are you making your lists? Checking them twice? You've only got 76 more shopping days to find the perfect gifts for your family and friends!

Ok, some of you are probably thinking that I'm absolutely bonkers for thinking about the Christmas countdown already...but if you know me at all you will know that not only am I bonkers, I've been planning for Christmas since July! I'm not one of those people who wait until the last minute on Christmas Eve to hit the stores. I'm not one of those people who wakes up before the rooster on the day after Thanksgiving to get all the great deals (don't get me wrong, I love deals!). Rather than stand in lines a mile long or sit in traffic for hours, I prefer to sit at home during normal holiday shopping time...and work on making the gifts (that's right...I'm a handmade pledger!).

When you have 6 pairs of socks, 7 dishcloths, 2 hats, 2 fingerless mitts and 1 doll to make by Christmas, not to mention the one gift that has yet to be determined for that oh-so-hard to buy for person on your list...you would plan early too! Especially since last year life threw quite a few obstacles my way to prevent meeting my knitting deadlines (sorry Josh for the Christmas present in July!).

Well here's the visual Christmas knitting progress report:







I know that I still have a good bit of work ahead of me, but actually seeing the progress I've made and items I can check off my to-knit list makes me realize how much I've actually accomplished so far. Every now and then I start to panic that I won't get done in time, but then when I actually see how much I've already done so far and I realize that I've still got time (especially since I was just starting Christmas knitting this time last year).

Oh, and if any of you have great gift ideas for my boyfriend's dad (he loves motorcycles, FPS games, etc.) please post a comment below! After coming up with ideas for everyone else, I've become a little brain dead and can't seem to think of anything to make for him.

No comments: